Lettering with Watercolor & Sakura Moonlight Gelly Roll Pens
I have a new video available on my YouTube channel! (Actually a couple but figured I’d start with this one first.)
In this video I’m sharing how I achieved a very rainbow-y look to my lettering using Sakura Moonlight Gelly Roll Pens along with my Pentel Watercolor.
Some tips when trying this technique out;
- Take your time! Go as slowly as needed to get clean lines and clean blending.
- When blending, blend lightly. If you push to hard while blending, you’ll remove a lot of the color.
- Rinse your brush when you get too much of the ink on your brush. That way you don’t blend and create a completely solid color.
- And make sure to let the watercolor dry before applying the Moonlight Gelly Roll ink.
Want to try it out? Find the items I used in the video here:
- Pentel Watercolor
- Princeton Round Watercolor Brush – Size 2
- Sakura Moonlight Gelly Roll Pens
- Canson XL Watercolor Paper
Please let me know if you have any questions. I’ll try to answer them the best I can.
Materials that are listed may be affiliate links. Should you buy from these links, it helps support me and everything I do, but does not cost you anything extra from Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!
This is not endorsed or sponsored by any company/corporation/etc.