Hello! I’m Chrystal Elizabeth, a hand letterer and artist (You may know this if you’ve visited me on Social Media.) ?
I am originally from California and am now living in the gorgeous state of Washington with my boyfriend and beautiful children.
I have always had a love for writing (words, not novels), and ended up teaching myself to letter in January 2015. I came across some beautiful calligraphy and ran to the store to get a beginner’s calligraphy pen, ink, and paper. At that point, it was time to search the internet for help. Luckily, there are so many resources out there that have helpful tips and tutorials.
I am proud to be part of the lettering / modern calligraphy community for a couple years now. The community has been amazingly supportive, motivating, and helpful the entire time. I actually have a blog post that lists some CalligraFriends that you can follow for inspiration.
In these last couple years, it has been an honor to know that I was able to inspire and help others on their lettering journey by providing advice and worksheets. Helping others is something that has always made me happy.
I have also had the opportunity to join and co-host 2 monthly lettering challenges. One of them being The Happy Lettering Challenge with Ida (@winterbirdlettering) and Tyra (@tjt.design). I definitely recommend lettering challenges, especially when you’re first starting out because it is an easy way to make new lettering friends and get feedback from others.
With all that said, if there’s any questions you have or if you just want to say hi, please leave a comment below! ?
Enjoy the Process and the Progress!
Some other fun & random facts if you’re still a bit curious about me:
- I have 6 babies. They’re my life. My last two were twins (boy & girl, fraternal) ages vary between 16 and 3.
- I love comic-based TV shows & movies (The Flash, Supergirl, The Avengers, Daredevil, Batman, etc.)
- I love to read, but often fall asleep after just a few pages, even when I love what I’m reading. (Guilty Pleasure = Young Adult Books)
- Other shows like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Once Upon A Time, Doctor Who, Sherlock (BBC), Vikings, and Grey’s Anatomy are my jam. (There’s a million more, but who has time to read a list like that?!)
- My youngest son’s name is Dean Castiel. Any fans know where that’s from? 🙂 Another favorite show of the family.
- I’m stuck in the 90s and sometimes fall back into the 80s.
- I love traveling, even if it’s somewhere nearby. If money weren’t a problem, I’d drag my family around the world.
- Star Trek – The Original Series ♥
- Teal is my favorite color.
- I’m a Virgo.
- Craft/Stationery Stores seem to steal all my money. I do manage to get a couple of things here and there though. 😉
- Thunderstorms, Rain & the Ocean are magical to me.
- I’m still learning how to draw. For 20+ years now.
- I am mentally only 25.
- I consider Disneyland a second home.
- Autumn = Happiness
- I was born in August, in Southern California and can’t stand the heat. Not even a little.
- I tap danced and twirled a baton when I was little.
- I met Alfred Molina when I was younger (literally the only famous person I’ve ever actually met).
- The only concert I’ve ever been to was Green Day with one of my Besties, Michelle ♥
- I love roller coasters & theme parks.
- I’m trying to teach myself to sew.
- I’m sitting here wondering if you’re still reading 🙂
- If you are, thank you for being interested in me! Don’t forget to say Hi!